Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Cinnamon Sticks!

Shane and I had such a great time last night! Our kids were gone at sleepovers, so it was just the two of us.....gazing into each other's eyes, licking our lips, and completely divulging ourselves on these yummy cinnamon sticks! I received this recipe from an internet friend, and decided to try them out for a movie-snack instead of our "usual" popcorn. We had a lot of fun just making them together.....Shane was the spreader, and I was the dipper (ya, I know that it sounds bad, but if you make these, you will understand the different "jobs," lol), and we worked very well as a team. After about 30 minutes, I scooped a few of them onto a plate and poured fruit on and around them. I cannot express, how YUMMY these are! Combined with the fruit, it makes for the perfect mouth-watering-combination of crunchy, sweet, sour (the fruit), warm, and sticky! Here are the pictures of our finished product, and the recipe for those of you who want to have a romantic night with your hubby, or want to make them as a treat for the whole family :) ENJOY!






Homemade Cinnamon Sticks:

  • 1 loaf soft, thin sliced bread (white or wheat)
  • 1 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
  • 1 teas. cinnamon
  • 3/4 cup sugar (for mixture)
  1. Cut crust off bread and flatten with a rolling pin.
  2. Mix cream cheese, sugar, and egg yolk.
  3. Spread the filling on the bread and roll up.
  4. Mix cinnamon and sugar (for mixture) in shallow dish.
  5. Dip sticks in melted butter, then dip in cinnamon sugar mix.
  6. Sticks can be frozen at this time.
  7. Place on greased baking sheet and bake at 325 degrees for 15-20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
  8. Add fruit (fresh or frozen) of choice, and enjoy!

1 comment:

Julie Carroll said...

Oh my... those sound sinful! I will be attempting this recipe for sure... thanks for sharing!