Tuesday, May 13, 2008

One More Thing This Morning...

I also just wanted to say that I am thinking and praying for all the families that have recently been involved in the natural disasters in Myanmar and more recently, China. The death tolls for both just keep rising and you can see that people are devastated. It is truly sad and needs to be recognized instead of just glanced at when you visit google or yahoo. I was reading this morning that the people in Myanmar are just NOW recieving food....a week later.....and the food that they are eating and being provided (by the junta) is rotten....ugh....that is just wrong for a government to not take care of their people. Again, my prayers go out to them all....it is a very sad situation over there right now and they will not be forgetting it anytime soon, and neither will I. God bless them!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have also been thinking about those poor people over there! I have an uncle that is living over there right now with his family for the next year or so. Thank heavens they were not where the earthquake hit. So sad!

Unknown said...

I totally agree, jill. i was reading about China this morning and looking at pictures and crying! I can't imagine the devastation of knowing your child is trapped under the rubble of their school! It puts so many things in perspective. I wish that I were konwledgeable enough to pass this understanding on to my kids, but I'm not even capable of keeping it through a whole day. Before I know it, I'm stressing about our move and things that are truly insignificant in comparison. I love you and miss you!

On a lighter note, my word verication for this blog was laxho, which just made me smile. And while it is immature, I want to take advantage of every smile and giggle.