Thursday, May 1, 2008

Total Wipe-Out!

I once saw this guy riding a bike down the street. Suddenly, he came to this curb and instead of getting off the bike and stepping up onto the curb, he decided to "wheely" it up the curb. Well unfortunately, he hit the curb, his wheel got stuck, and he flipped over the handlebars and landed on his back. Shane and I ran over to him and made sure he was ok...which he was...he just got the wind knocked out of him. Once we made sure he was good to go, we went back to our car and just burst out laughing! It was so hilarious for some reason...probably because we could not get the slow motion out of our head of this guy flying through the air. I'm not sadistic...(I feel like Reese Witherspoon in Legally Blonde: "Your Honor, I do have a point.") ...the reason this was brought to memory is because today, I had a wipe-out on my own bike. I was running the dogs and had Zander on a leash. He suddenly was incredibly interested in something and decided to take off after it. I of course, did not have time to drop the leash because it took me by total surprise. The strength of his yank on the leash made me fly off my bike and land on my knee. I thought for sure at first that I shattered my kneecap, but then just realized that it was just a pretty good scrape and was bleeding. I looked around, and luckily, no one saw it happen (that I know of), so I just got back on my bike and half-choked Zander the rest of the way home. I ended up also twisting my ankle in the incident. So now I have been on the other side of the coin, and realize how dangerous bikes are! LOL, j/k. Bikes and naughty dogs (on leashes) dont mix. It is probably my karma....hopefully no one was staring out their window laughing at me. ;)
HAHA!!!

6 comments:

mountainmama said...

I hope you're okay! How ya gonna perfect your stripper pole moves with a busted knee cap? You better be more careful! I love ya

Courtney

Megan and Shawn said...

Ouch - hope you're okay! I do stuff like that all the time, and literally knock on wood that I don't have the same thing happen to me. But sometimes all you can do is laugh!

Jessica Sumner said...

go courtney! i was just thinking.... "a busted kneecap is not good for pole dancing!" LOL i hope you're ok of course!

Andrea said...

Oh my gosh Jill---sorry but that seriously made me laugh when I was reading it! And then I felt bad--ouch! You have to admit that would have been pretty funny if you looked out the window and saw that happen to someone ELSE right!! lol

Anonymous said...

Jill that is so not fun but kind funny! Glad you didn't get seriously hurt though! I saw Zander today with Shane while I was walking Ging and Soph. I can't believe how BIG Zander got! He is HUGE! Sophie totally wanted to play with Cooper too. Funny dogs!

Anonymous said...

Both accidents if caught on video are funny. Bikes are not dangerous...horse dogs pulling bikes, Dangerous. Karma? Not this time unfortunately.

First guy bad timing on his wheelie great timing for you to witness the accident. You didn't go to his house break in and laugh at him, it was out in the open free of charge and for you to see. Open game for a laugh. Especially since he didn't actually hurt.

You, on the other hand just are a risk taker or made a bad decision to ride your dog vs walking him. Again out in the open and fair game for a laugh. Someone may have caught it on tape we just have to wait and see. I'll be watching funny home videos once in a while just in case.

I thank people like the two of you to lighten the day with a old fashioned laugh at your friend chuckle after they bust it up.

I have my share of yard sales, pile ups, eat sh%ts, oh craps, one more times and miscalculations. If you witness this, please as these folks have done, check for a pulse first and if ok, go ahead and have a good laugh.

All my Love,
Kevin