Friday, June 6, 2008

Hello Summer!







I took the girls and their friend Gina to the Aquatic Center today. Boy, did they have a blast! I love to see their faces gleaming with happiness and pool water. It was a pretty nice day to go to the pool though...the sun was shining, and the wind was just perfect to keep you cooled off. The best thing about taking them is that I get to read a book and soak up the sun while they get physically wiped out! Then all I have to do is come home, fix them dinner, and put their little bootys to bed.....swimming really takes the energy out of them. The funny thing about Iowa is that not 12 hours earlier, we were being told to hide in our closets because a tornado was coming with this huge terrible thunderstorm.....and now beautiful 85 degree weather? Seriously wierd and scary. Today would have also been a great day to go paddle boating (Jennifer, hehe), so I guess we will have to attempt that one with the Jankes this weekend! I hope you are all enjoying your Friday....like I said, I LOVE Fridays, and am thoroughly enjoying mine. If any of you want to get outdoors this weekend, call me!

4 comments:

Jessica Sumner said...

OMG!! jayden and jocie would LOVE that water park!! we need something like that here in bozeman!

Anonymous said...

The weather is SO unpredictable that we just can't seem to plan this paddle boat outing. We just need to be hanging around and say okay let's go now before the weather changes =) Have fun on your vacation and we will DEFINITELY go when we all get back.

Andrea said...

Oh my gosh...we LOVE the Aquatic Center!! Seriously next time you guys go--call me and we will join you! I need some serious sun :)

When do you guys leave for Montana>>>>

Megan and Shawn said...

Your girls are so cute! Ahh - I'm a bit jealous of being able to sit back and read at the pool, maybe in 5 years. Looks fun!