Friday, July 25, 2008
The Champion of Crappy Days!
Today won the gold medal hands down. I would actually have the audacity to say that I do not remember having such a crappy day since the day my parents got divorced (I was 8...don't worry, im over it). The "incident", as we would later call it happened to and between several beings: myself (Jill), Shane, Kaylee, Kennedy, Gina, Aleah....oh and don't let me forget my dear little darling dogs....Zander and Cooper. All of the above girls were at Vacation Bible School from 9am to noon, so Shane and I decided to run some errands with the dogs while the girls were gone. After a quick stop at Dahls, we hit Earl May Nursery to pick up a few gardening supplies. We bought a few pots, some fertilizer, some rocks (for the bottom of the pots), and some soil. When I say some soil, I am misleading my readers to think that I bought a small bag of soil, so let me clarify. The 5lb bag of soil was $4.99, while the 30lb bag was $6.99. Which one do you think we went with? Oh ya, definitely a "more for your money" kinda-gal, so we went with the huge bag. I figured I could always fill holes that the dogs had dug in the backyard (probably one that I sprained my ankle in) with the leftover soil. So we purchase our items, and off we go to pick up the girls from VBS. We locked the car with the dogs in it and went in the building to pick up the girls (for security reasons, the parent has to be present to pick up the child). The girls wanted to get their t-shirts signed by the pastor, and some of their friends so Shane and I sat and waited while they finished up. As we were leaving the church (we were one of the last to leave), I looked across the parking lot and was watching my car rock back and forth. The back of the car is facing me and all I see is Zander making a "digging" type motion in the back of the car. My thoughts were SERIOUSLY "Oh God, please don't let this be happening," and I knew in an instant what had happened. As the 6 of us humans got closer to the car, there was no doubt about what had been happening for the last 20 minutes while we were gone....the dirt an inch thick on the inside of the window sills confirmed what I already knew was true. We all just sort of froze.....we weren't sure what to do. All of a sudden, I just see Shane fly into gear and open the back hatch...dirt flying everywhere, and grab the dogs by the necks (don't worry, he wasn't hurting them). You have to absolutely trust me on this one, because I am kicking myself over and over for not taking pictures.........The entire inside of my car had been turned into a frickin garden!!! I about fainted......this was no ordinary topsoil. This was the really sticky, wet, heavy soil that you-would-see-earth-worms-living-in, soil. It was as if the rest of the world just froze at that moment, and we all had NO CLUE about what to do. There was dirt everywhere.....on the dash, muddy pawprits on the windows, all the upholstry, the floorboards....all over Kaylee's Nintendo DS (it still works, luckily). The dogs had completely demolished 30lbs of soil, and somehow, evenly distributed it all over the car. They were of course extremely pleased with themselves, and you could tell by the smile on their muddy faces. We basically just had to make the decision to treat the dogs like pigs and make them lay in all the mud in the very back of the car, while all the girls piled in the backseat, and Shane and I took the front seats. When we all got out of the car here at home, we were all muddy just from the ride home. As soon as we opened the back hatch of the car, you could just see the look on peoples' faces around us....this look that said "thank goodness I am not in their shoes"....we all know that look. So we drug the dogs out into the backyard and proceded to clean all the mud out of the car. By this time, Shane was running late for work and had to hurry to get the car to the carwash and to work by 2pm. The mat that consumes the entire floor of the very back of the car was literally so muddy (from scraping the mounds of mud off it with a couple dust pans) that Shane had to hang it up in the carwash and blast off all the mud/wash the rug and rinse it to get it clean. Needless to say, the inside of the car will have to be completely washed including shampooing the seats and carpets, and of course.........the dogs need a bath too now. So, if you can top my crappy day, please let me know, LOL. I will try to post some pictures of what it looks like BEFORE we clean it out and shampoo on the inside. Send good thoughts out for me to have a wonderful evening....and I hope that all of you are enjoying yours.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i told my mom about this and we were laughing. you have to admit it sounds pretty funny to those of us who weren't there to clean up the mess! lol
Post a Comment