Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Diaper-Makin Mama!

So the cloth diaper business is booming in this country, and I have decided that I want to take part in that business. I love to sew, so I thought I would come up with my own designer diaper pattern and make as many as I can to sell at Farmer's Market next year. To buy cloth diapers online, it costs on the average about $700.00 for a full set of cloth diapers (36 in 3 diff. sizes)...that comes out to each diaper being about $20.00. I can make a full set of diapers (36 in 3 diff. sizes) for about $100.00. That being said, that is a huge profit to make. Especially if I just take my time and buy material here and there, and not invest in a large amount of supplies right away. Here are some pictures of the diaper I will be selling......let me know what you think! The fabric types will also change, but the style of the diaper will remain the same.

P.S. Thank you to all the moms and babies' butts that helped in the process of coming up with this design:)
P.P.S. I will be asking random moms around the neighborhood to take my diaper for a "test run," so let me know if any of you (*ehem* your babies) would be willing to volunteer to try one out.








2 comments:

mountainmama said...

Jill, these are so great! You are amazing!

Anonymous said...

You are so creative and I love them! It was fun going to dinner yesterday and hanging out. Your girls are beautiful and they are so great with kids.