Sunday, September 14, 2008

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....

I have realized today that just as life is given, it is also taken away in an instant. Even though I was only 6 weeks pregnant, the shock of waking up this morning with incredible amounts of blood really took me for a loop. After 5 hours in the E.R. at Mercy Hospital, an ectopic was ruled out and I was told that I was having a miscarriage. At first, it was kind of shocking because I had just gotten used to the fact that I was pregnant (plus, I had never experienced a loss), but then I realized that it was all going to be fine. There is a purpose for everything that happens in our lives, and I feel that this was just another stepping stone along this thing we call the "journey of our lives." We will continue to try for another baby, and the doctor said that this incident should in no way effect future conception. I will keep you all updated (of course) when I get the little pink "plus" sign again, hopefully in the next few months ;) Thank you for all of your support, I don't know what I would do without you ladies!

9 comments:

Elise said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm sure it has been a very long and stressful day. Let me know if I can help you at all. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Jessica Sumner said...

i love you and am thinking about you. i know what you are feeling and i'm so happy that you have a good spirit about how life really works. it seems sometimes that we can't really grasp the things that happen. as courtney says... "we are strong women" and we prove that everyday!

mountainmama said...

Jill, I am so sorry. I was at work tonight until too late to call you. I will call you tomorrow. I love you so much! I am thinking about you tons and I know without a doubt that you will make it through this. I am always here for you.

Julie Carroll said...

You are an amazing woman! I am sorry for the trial that you are being faced with but am amazed how positive you are staying. You are such a great example to others. You will be in our thoughts and prayers. We will be praying that a healthy little one will be sent your way soon!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry Jill. It breaks my heart that you, Shane and the girls had to experience this, but you are right in saying all things work for the better good. You truely are aw-inspiring and are teaching lessons to others without even knowing it. We are so sorry for this loss and our thoughts are with you!

Cassie said...

Oh Jill, I am so sorry about that! You are such a trooper to stay so positive about things! I never knew you guys were thinking about having another baby!! I will be thinking about you guys, keep us posted!!!

The Halls said...

I am so very sorry! You know you guys are always in our thoughts and prayers

The Allred Family said...

Jill, I am so sorry! I had no idea until I read your blog today. I hope that you are feeling okay. I am really sorry. If there is anything that i can do for you, let me know.

{Erica} said...

Jill,
Sorta slow in responding to this but I wanted to let you know that I am sorry. I hope you're feeling better.