Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Lillian Renee

We are happy to announce that Lillian Renee Bowman entered the world on August 31st, 2009 at 9:01am. She weighed 6lbs 1oz and was 18 3/4 inches long. Sorry it has taken me so long to post pictures and the announcement, but life just isn't the same with a newborn! My days and nights are starting to mesh together, but I am loving every minute of it. Lily is doing fantastic and is already gaining weight...she loves to nurse and is getting better at letting me know when she is hungry. The girls totally adore her and the first couple days were spent fighting over who got to hold her longer, but it is starting to get better. I have two helpers to change diapers, and fetch things I need for her when they are not easily within my reach. Shane's parents have been here since the 2nd of September and have been so great helping out around the house. I will miss them when they are gone! I have had so many dear friends bring meals over and have realized how much they are appreciated when the last thing you have energy for is cooking...so thank you! I may post about my birth experience later, but for now, here are some pictures of our newest baby girl!








9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!
She is beautiful. I love her name! I was actually thinking about you today and wondering how you were and if she was here yet.
As soon as Cam and I get over our colds we are coming to meet her!

allison said...

Congratulations! I just heard a couple days ago that she was here and then have been checking your blog ever since.
She is darling and looks so sweet!

Cassie said...

She is so beautiful, congratulations you guys! I am glad she is here safely and that you are recovering well! It would be so nice to have three helpers!!! (daddy and girls)You are one lucky momma

Megan and Shawn said...

Congratulations! That is amazing news and I'm so glad that you've been surrounded by family and friends to help. What a beautiful girl and I love her name. What a fun post!

Elise said...

She is such a sweet baby. And so TINY! I loved meeting her the other day. I can't wait to come back over and hold her.

Ashley Webb said...

Cute pictures!! She is absolutely darling!
P.S. We still want to walk your dogs for you sometime! :)

Andrea said...

CONGRATS Jill. She is so pretty. What a cute name too. I am so happy to hear that everything went well. I hope you are adjusting to having a newborn around again. Lots of fun right??? haha. MISS YOU.

Courtney said...

Jill, she is so beautiful! And I absolutely adore her name! I hope you are doing well.

Anonymous said...

I am coming to see you either this week or the first of next. I am dying to hold her!
I will give you a call!