Thursday, June 11, 2009

My Little Blessing

I cannot believe how fast this pregnancy is going. Pretty soon I will have more to blog about and lots of pink on my background. I feel actually really good, even though my night sleep is getting interrupted more and more due to my cramped bladder. I love how this baby girl is getting stronger and stronger everyday and it is comforting knowing if she was born early that she can survive in this world outside of me now.
Babies are seriously amazing! I met this woman at the dentist office the other day that had sole custody of her 5 year old granddaughter. She was telling me a story about how her son's girlfriend had gotten pregnant while she was a meth addict. The mother of course was too strung out to make any kind of appropriate decisions for her baby, so this grandmother stepped in and decided to raise this little girl despite her age of 55 and despite the fact that she had no idea what this baby would be like after she was born due to the fact that she would be addicted to meth upon delivery. After this baby was born, the hospital tested her little body to see what kind of drugs were present and everything imaginable was in her little system. She miraculously detoxed and was sent home about a week later with her grandmother. Even though this baby girl was exposed to meth, alcohol, and a slew of other drugs against her own choice, she is a normal healthy 5 year old today. When I left the dentist office, I said a prayer for this grandmother and asked the Lord to pour blessings on her for all the sacrifices she has made and all the heartache she has endured. I also thanked him for allowing this baby to thrive even though she was not brought into this world under the ideal circumstances. This story touched me, and made me realize what fighters these little babies are and also the bigger plans that Heavenly Father has for us even from the womb.
Have a great weekend everyone, and if you are traveling home, I pray for your safety.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved this story! What an awesome grandma! Babies really are amazing.

I am so glad everything is going well for you and the baby is healthy!

Elise said...

What a touching story. I loved reading it. Jill, you are so sweet. I'm so excited for your little girl to come. Can't wait to meet her.

Anonymous said...

hi, it's grandma, It's good to see your belly. I've been wondering what you look like. wish I was there to feel her kick.

Ashley Webb said...

Jill,
You are awesome. I just found your blog while browsing, and I love it. Such a cool story - thanks for sharing!