Thursday, October 15, 2009

6 weeks old!

I cannot believe that Lily is 6 weeks old already! We have had an eventful 6 weeks filled with lots of love and family. Shane's parents came to visit the day I came home from the hospital and were such a huge help during those first few days when I was trying to figure out how to be a mom of a newborn again. They stayed for 2 weeks and then I had a few weeks of just the 5 of us, which was nice too. My mom, stepdad, sister and nephews came to visit at the beginning of October and just left yesterday, which was sad...I didn't realize how much I miss family until they are gone. We had some great times while they were here and I got to meet my new nephew who is 11 days older than Lillian. Here are some new pictures of their visit and Lily now that she is 6 weeks old.



Lily and Owen


Cousins






Lily is such a good baby. She hardly cries and is typically happy all the time. She loves to take baths and coo at our faces. If I lay her on the couch, she likes to stare at the couch material and giggle...it is cute. Today I put her in her crib for the first time, and she was staring at the white wall just smiling away and giggling...I think her guardian angel was probably entertaining her. She has very kissable lips and smells heavenly all the time. The dogs are still getting used to her and we are teaching them about being gentle when it comes to smelling and investigating her. I will update again soon...we are going to try and take some pictures outside with the 5 of us if the weather would warm up and get nice again.

2 comments:

Cassie said...

She is absolutely a doll! She is beautiful! I am so glad you guys get to relive the baby time in your home again! It really does bring a new peace and little bit of heaven into the home! Can't wait to see her grow!

Jaime said...

She really is the sweetest little baby--looking and in personality. You will be missed greatly here, and I'm not just saying it....