Monday, September 22, 2008

I love to cook!

For those of you close to me, you know that I love to cook new recipes, and I love to feed you all good food. I always welcome recommendations from friends and family for new foods to tantalize my taste buds. I ran across this one in my "The Eat Clean Diet" book:

Parchment-Baked Chicken

Ingredients:
4 parchment sheets
2 cups arugula leaves, torn (spinach works great too)
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
2 tsp. fresh sage, chopped
2 tsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
1 cup plum tomotoes, chopped
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
4 tsp. olive oil
4 tsp. kalamata olives, sliced and pitted (optional)
Cooking Spray


* Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Unfold parchment and coat lightly with cooking spray, leaving a two-inch border. Place 1/2 cup arugula on one side of the parchment so it touches the fold but not the ungreased border. Place chicken breast over arugula; sprinkle with 1/2 tsp. sage and 1/2 tsp. rosemary. Top with 1/4 cup chopped plum tomato. Drizzle olive oil over chicken breasts and sprinkle salt and pepper on top. Top with olives if desired. Fold paper, seal edges with fold. Place packets on baking sheets and bake for 20 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked. Cut open packet to serve.


*I did this recipe on the grill with aluminum foil packets instead of parchment paper. Either way, your chicken will come out tender and so yummy! It is actually such an easy recipe to prepare and make! Here are pictures of how it turned out:



Before Cooking

After Cooking


I served it with grilled zucchini (my absolute FAV), squash, and eggplant. I also added some dark nutty-flavored wild rice that totally made the meal perfect. Also note that my servings are proportional to my size....1 serving of protein, 2 servings of fruits/veggies, and 1 serving of a complex carb. Im telling you....this food is awesome, and I am losing weight...13 lbs in 2 months!

No comments: