Friday, September 19, 2008

To My Life Partner:

Where Do I Begin?

It was 11 years ago today that you and I said "I do" and promised to spend the rest of our lives together.



I knew you were nervous....I was too! We were only 17 and 19 years old after all!






Once I felt our little Kaylee kicking....I knew that this was what was meant to be. Me, you, and her.


You and her were my world......everything I ever wanted and needed.


Even being so little, she had you wrapped around her little finger. Every night, you religiously rocked her to sleep while singing to her.





We have been so many places all across this country together....




And experienced extreme stress and joy when you were in the Army and stationed far apart from our families.






Then Kennedy was on her way.....I wondered how in the world I could multiply my love for 3 other people instead of two.




It was VERY easy.....she fit perfectly into our family.




You even continued the tradition of rocking your babies.






The 4 of us......life is beautiful.......our experiences mirror this.






Thank you for all of your sacrifices for our family....




Including denying your manhood to allow your 5 year old to paint your toenails.




She will always remember this, and so will I.






We went through the process of you going to college full time.....




And me going to college full time.....we pulled through all our obstacles and both graduated....what a great accomplishment together!





Here we are......on our 6th anniversary.....


And now on our 11th.....boy we have come a long way!

Through everything we have experienced and been through, I am thankful that you have been by my side every step of the way and my life partner....there is no one else that I would choose to journey this with besides you. I love you with all my heart and life and I look forward to the next 11 years with you. Happy Anniversary Baby!

6 comments:

Cassie said...

happy anniversary you two!! You guys have done a lot in your 11 years! Congrats!

mountainmama said...

Jill, this brought tears to my eyes! Happy Anniversary! I am so amazed by the two of you - starting so young and building such an amazing family. I love you both.

allison said...

Happy Anniversary! What a cute post. Enjoy!
I am also sorry to hear about your miscarriage (I am a little slow on reading everyones blogs).

Elise said...

What a great post. It is so fun to look back on the years. Congrats on 11 years! What a sweet daddy to let the girls paint your toes! You are both great parents.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversay you guys. Can't believe it's been 11 years, I remember the day so clear! We love your family as if you were ours...oh, oops, you are ours! WE LOVE YOU!!!!!

Melanie said...

Cute post!