Isn't he so stinking cute? Ok, if you are wondering..."what the heck is this thing?"....they are actually the Swedish version of our American Boppy. The "legs" wrap around the baby and the "head" supports his/her back. Next.....
I thought this Finnish puzzle for kiddos was incredibly simple and ingenious! It promotes hand/eye coordination while teaching biggest to smallest, counting, and solving puzzles. Isn't it really the simple things in life that we are supposed to enjoy?
This is a vintage baby vest from Finland. The little buttons on the sides are designed for buttoning the pants to the top so the pants don't fall down. Wouldnt this be so cute on a baby girl with a skirt, leggings, and a long sleeved shirt underneath?
I know that this looks like a huge whoopie cushon, but I swear, it is not (although that would be hilarious). This my friends, is only the best Swedish Rocko Snow Sled. Pete's Hill, here I come baby......I bet I could reach super fast speeds if the decline was good. An added bonus: it is made out of 100% recycled materials!
Now for some weird foreign items:
Think the head is weird? Try reading the explanation of this "trophy" from Finland:
"What you see is the prize for the "best friend"-contest held yearly in most Finnish speaking schools since 1954. The best friend is selected by the winner’s classmates. To receive one you need to have been: glad, vigorous, reliable, friendly, orderly, helpful, empathic et-cetera, et-cetera - a good person that is. And if you are too goody-goody you are not likely to win this either, so add “balanced” into the mix of attributes you need to possess. Not all good feelings are attached to these heads though! Most people we spoke to were slightly cross for never having received a statuette and the ones we met who had received one told us of the horror of being singled out as the 'goodest' of the bunch when being a shy first-grader. The heads are made of plaster and will break if dropped (by a jealous 'friend' for example). Rumor is there is a handwritten note inside reading, "Why did you break me?” implying your eternal condemnation should any harm happen to these godly heads... " OK...next...

I have always wanted a Rooster Whistle....how about you? Maybe the boys (dogs) would actually listen to me if I bought one.
What's funny about this doll is that although it is strange and kind of freaky, I would TOTALLY buy one if I was in Mexico just to support the local women who take the time to make and finely paint each one.
Just like Cinderella, you can buy glass slippers for any occasion...my occasion would be NEVER.

"Elephant Needles." What is the correlation again?

Last, but not least, who could finish their day properly without a little "Nun Calm" in a glass? It actually sounds WAY dirtier in english than it does in German (now that I run it back through my lips)....ok anyways, it is a nerve calmer.....meaning that it is alcohol mixed with "herbs"that you drink to calm your nerves. I would like to know what other "herbs" they mean, LOL....anything is possible in Europe!
Ok that is all the energy I have for the day...have a good evening!
3 comments:
I actually saw someone the other day sing the ladybug pacifier thingy!
I had fun with you tonight and I'm glad you came so we could catch up! I'm all about your chili recipe some time and I might actually make some homemade!
Jill, you found some pretty great stuff. I love the baby vest. Very cute. I also love your random facts on the side and your Fall Background.
Post a Comment