
So this whole not-partaking of coffee or black tea is really killing me! Not only am I pregnant and hormonal, but have a (pretty much) persistant caffeine-withdrawl headache. So here are my options...
1. I could go get a HUGE monster and quickly get rid of my headache, but #1, thats not good for the baby, and #2, I am not a fan of energy drinks.
2. I could head to the pop machine and get a soda. Unfortunately, I can only drink about 5 drinks of soda and then I am done.....never been a huge fan of 24 grams of sugar in a can.
3. Get diet soda Jill... the taste of diet kills me....the aftertaste is almost like sucking on a new rubber tire at Costco.
4. Green tea... I love green tea....but recently found out that it is not good for pregnant women to drink it due to a compound in the tea that actually takes folic acid from your developing baby, so green tea is out for me.
I guess I am left just to complain....I cannot think of any other ways for me to effectively get some caffeine. I am sure eventually I will have detoxed and won't even need caffeine anymore, but until then, I feel like whining about it: ) How do you get your caffeine everyday?
3 comments:
funny story, when Mitch and I first met I was seriously addicted to diet vanilla coke. I probably drank 2-3 a day. Before Mitch and I started seriously dating he bet me that I couldn't go without my beloved toxic drink for a month and I wanted to prove him wrong! I went through some serious headaches and I know how that feels, but once it was over, I was so proud of myself and I have to say I never drink pop anymore, I don't even crave it. I didn't even realize I was addicted to the diet vanilla coke until I tried to stop!! Good luck and you can do it!!!
it sucks. i don't know if i could do withdrawls from everything all at one time. good luck lady. oh, and don't drink diet either. that's even worse for the baby than 25 grams of sugar. the sacarin is not good. and you can still have one cup of coffee a day, the headaches can be really trying when you are already so tired.
I'm pretty sure there is caffeine in chocolate... :)
Post a Comment